Major Appliances/maytag gas oven temp sensor

Question
QUESTION: I followed the directions on maytag's website for checking the temp sensor. I removed it and tested it with my multi meter - set ohms to lowest setting which was 200. the video had said anything other than 100-1100 meant it was bad. it read 89 and then OL.

If the bake temp is well below the set temp but the broil temp is ok does that still mean the sensor is bad?

Also when I removed the sensor the oven fan ran until I re attached it. Is that proper?

ANSWER: Lets check the ignitor first......Eric

QUESTION: if the oven is lighting why would it be the ignitor?

Answer
Simply because I have been doing this for 35 years now and the oven ignitor must pull amperage as described in the last response.  If on the verge of failing (MOST COMMON) when cold it will ignite and the oven will come on but it may not keep coming on continously.  My question to you would be, does the oven ignitor come on in relation to the electronic control....  Most often when the ignitor fails, you will receive an error code....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://www.affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion