Major Appliances/Whirlpool Frig ice selection problem

I have an older Whirlpool model ET22DQRBW00 frig.  When I go to selecting regular ice cubes all I get is crushed ice. In other words when I move the lever from crushed to cubes I still get crushed. It seems to be stuck in the crushed ice mode. Any ideas and is there a fix?  Thanks.

Check the crusher solenoid in the freezer section and see if you can more it up and down.....In other words if you remove the ice bin and look on the bottom of the bucket/ will see a rod.  This rod slides into a slot in the rear of your freezer.  There is a solenoid that moves up and down to change from crushed to cubed.  LEt us know what you find.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business