Major Appliances/Bosch Dryer Reset Button

Question
QUESTION: Bosch Vision 300 Series Dryer
model WTVC3300US/09
SN 859120087429008722

Dryer stopped heating a few days ago. (All other functions performing normally). I remembered this happening  2-3 years ago, and that an online thread had directed me to the reset button on the heating element. Pulled the back, hit the button & all was right with the world again.  However, it's popped twice today alone.

A pain in the @$$ to pull everything apart just to press this button, which now seems to be on a hair trigger. What might be the root cause? The vent is not clogged; the duct to the outside is short and clean. Is this a mother board problem, or something I could try to repair myself? We operate a non-profit animal rescue organization, and live by our washer & dryer---we really need this to behave.

Many thanks for your help.

Kevin.

ANSWER: Could be the button itself...but most often, the heating element is shorted or the operating thermostat has failed and there is nothing to cycle on and off except hi-limit safeties.  Real troubleshooting comes into play now.....Do you have a voltage meter and a thermometer capable of reading at least 200 degrees accurately?  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://www.affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Thank you for the quick response.

Erm, no, I have neither of those troubleshooting tools. However, if the button, the heating element and/or the thermostat are suspect, would replacing the heating element module be a sure-fire (if possibly needlessly expensive) fix? It looked to be a simple enough job to swap out the old one for a new one.

The button is located on the heating element---is the thermostat found there as well? If not, where?

Thanks,
Kevin.

Answer
Good Morning.....Without troubleshooting tools to daignose further it is difficult to determine the EXACT problem.  The button you refer to is located on a high limit thermostat part number 00422272.  I don't think this is the problem however it may be if defective.  I do not think the electronic contro is defective as it is sending power to the heating element.  Blocked internal venting....blocked lint screen, faulty exhaust will cause high limit thermostat to trip.  Air flow is not flowing through the heating element to keep temps down prior to failure.  I suggest you call in a service company and allow them to troubleshoot since you do not hav ethe necessary tools to properly diagnose.....   Good Luck in your decision.  Your Thoughts?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion