Major Appliances/hot water heater replacement

hello, Eric

I have a 25-year old water heater; 80 gallons. It is working OK, it is not leaking.
Should I buy a new heater even though it isn't leaking?

(I have just installed ceramic tiles and have had one flood due to other appliances. I do not want a repeat of this, caused by my heater.)

Thanks for your help.

Do I really need to answer this?  I am impressed it lasted this long.  It is going to leak....The question is....Will you replace it in time?  Kind of like the are going to lose most of the time.  Don't take a chance.  While you have perhaps days....take this time to figure out the best deal for the next 20 years....  Look into the options. In my home I have gas and installed two with appropriate valves to switch over in case of power failure.  I have a standing pilot which I can use without electricity and also a instatanious unit I mounted on the wall.  If you have only electric, this may not be in your best interest....While you will save money, it wont be much considering the cost....  Look into your options.........Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business