Major Appliances/kenmore washer trips breaker

QUESTION: Hi, i have a kenmore top load washer model # 11020952994, serial #CL2020131. when the washer first fills up with water and wants to agitate it makes a small humming noise and then trips the breaker. I checked the pump to make sure something wsn`t stuck in there and i did not see anything and it turned freely. then i had the capacitor checked and it worked ok. So then i figured it was the motor so i got a used one from a store that sells used parts and the washer still does the same thing, the washer hums and trips the breaker.could it be the temperature control  board????. Maybe something else.

ANSWER: Do you have this plugged into a GFI Circuit?  Eric

QUESTION: no, its plugged in a regular outlet .

I'd be looking for a burnt connection or a bad contact in the timer assembly.....  This is going to be a tough one as the most obvious is not the problem....  Let me know what you find...this will be a trial and error and if I can help further, I am here.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business