Major Appliances/GSL25IGRB BS



i bought a used GE refrigator, Model GSL25IGRB BS , when i tried to connect my existing water line, i found out a cut black tube coming from the bottom, the other 2 grey tubes coming from the top left, one on the left has a cut, the one on the right has a compression nut(smart connect tubing)

here is a video i took.please excuse the sound quality

2 days ago, i connected the tube from the wall to the fridge as you can see it, water dispensed, however after 10 minutes , water started to come out from the black tube, i thought this is the ice maker tube, as i heard some kick in sounds near it.

today, as you can see in the video, using another bigger tube , i connected the black tube with the the tube on the left using a pvc cement as they said in home depot there is way  out i can connect those tubes together.

i turned the water valve, no water is coming, i do not even feel any water pressure coming from the wall, so i disconnected that tube i made to connect between the black tube and the grey, water started to dispense from the black tube, i would say almost every 5 minutes or so, again no water coming from the front when i tried it.


ANSWER: Your water inlet connection is a 1/4 compression fitting.  As far as your video....I try to view and it is private....Whatever that means....  Please try again or pictures....Got to see what you have before I can really help.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: sorry, video is public now

Difficult seeing the big picture on the back of your unit in your video....From what I can gather, you connect your house water supply to the inlet of your water filter.  Out of the water filter to the inlet valve of your dual water valve.  On the output of the water valve, the larger line is wter in the door and the smaller line goes to your ice maker.  Hope this helps.....

Good Luck, Eric  

Major Appliances

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Eric Campion


We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at


36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business

©2017 All rights reserved.