Major Appliances/Frigidaire Model CPLES399EC2 control panel

I have a Frigidaire Professional series oven  Model CPLES399EC2 Ser NF55020684.
The problem is the control clock/timer will not light, and none of the buttons work.  Is there any way to reset and or test the control panel to ensure this is the issue before spending the money on this high cost item?

The thread on one of the single element controls broke. When my wife was turning on the element she noticed this.  The control panel was not lit and as she moved the element control knob up and down she said the control panel flickered and then went out.

I have changed out the element control and all the elements work.
and the hot surface indicators come on as expected. There is what I believe to be a thermal fuse under the panel glass which I checked for continuity and it is good. All of the connections have been checked and there does not appear to be any loose or burnt connections.  I would like to know if there is a test to confirm if the control panel needs to be replaced?

There is no easy reset to make all well again.  Bottom line is if you took the control out of your range and set it on your kitchen table..Applying 110 volts to the correct terminals would cause the display to light up.  Might say PF (Power Failure) or perhaps just flashing until cancel button is pressed waiting for you to set the time.  Verify power going to your control.  If power is there, replace control.  Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business