Major Appliances/Temperature Fluctuation KitchenAid Double-Oven

Hi Eric,

We have a Kitchen Aid Double Wall Oven (KEBS209BSS01). It often fluctuates from 20-40 degrees in temperatures while cooking. Should that be expected?

Actually...that is a very good fluctuation....  The way an oven works is...set to 350, bake element glows bright orange...temperature rises and at approximately 350 degrees the contact on the control opens and the power stops going to the element.   HOWEVER.....the element is radiating and the temperature will continue to raise about another 25 - 30 degrees before dropping.  On its way down, the cut off point is 350 so it must go below 350 and again, it will drop 25 - 30 degrees before the control contact closes and turns the element back on again.  In reality, the variance is 50 - 60 degrees.  If yours is only 20 - 40...that is very good.  I would leave it alone.  Good Luck and if I can help further, I am here.    Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business