Major Appliances/Temperature Fluctuation KitchenAid Double-Oven

Question
Hi Eric,

We have a Kitchen Aid Double Wall Oven (KEBS209BSS01). It often fluctuates from 20-40 degrees in temperatures while cooking. Should that be expected?

Thanks,
Jill

Answer
Actually...that is a very good fluctuation....  The way an oven works is...set to 350, bake element glows bright orange...temperature rises and at approximately 350 degrees the contact on the control opens and the power stops going to the element.   HOWEVER.....the element is radiating and the temperature will continue to raise about another 25 - 30 degrees before dropping.  On its way down, the cut off point is 350 so it must go below 350 and again, it will drop 25 - 30 degrees before the control contact closes and turns the element back on again.  In reality, the variance is 50 - 60 degrees.  If yours is only 20 - 40...that is very good.  I would leave it alone.  Good Luck and if I can help further, I am here.    Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion