Major Appliances/Carbon Monoxide

Question
We had an old oven and it was giving it off and we called the gas company and they said that the flame was low and told us to buy a new one oven asap. So we bought a new one and it's still giving off carbon monoxide and the repairman said that the new ovens are supposed to do that and that it's safe to have it on. The upper limit according to him is 100. What's your advice?

Answer
there should be no emission that you smell or that a detector could pick up on the new one... do you have Lp or natural gas service...Lp could have a bad regulator on the tank... I have a Frigidaire gas range in my home and a Carbon Monoxide detector within 8 feet of it... there is never a reading

Major Appliances

Eric Campion