Major Appliances/Carbon Monoxide

We had an old oven and it was giving it off and we called the gas company and they said that the flame was low and told us to buy a new one oven asap. So we bought a new one and it's still giving off carbon monoxide and the repairman said that the new ovens are supposed to do that and that it's safe to have it on. The upper limit according to him is 100. What's your advice?

there should be no emission that you smell or that a detector could pick up on the new one... do you have Lp or natural gas service...Lp could have a bad regulator on the tank... I have a Frigidaire gas range in my home and a Carbon Monoxide detector within 8 feet of it... there is never a reading

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business