Major Appliances/Oven door removal

Question
Hello, we have a 1960-vintage Westinghouse oven, model OL-24-8. We need to remove the door to clean it. There are 2 screws (one near each hinge) on the door's inside. I removed both and attempted to slide the metal tab underneath, as the door has a channel that looks like the tabs should slide. I wasn't able to get the door off.

Also, what would be a suitable bake element for this oven?

Thank you!
Joe Treese

Answer
most times no screws needed, they go into the tilt position like for broiling and then lift up...can you take a picture of the element and get me measurements we have most of the ones needed for the OL but we have found over the years, the lookup can be wrong... thank you, Ann
If the door does not lift off, I will go to the micro fiche to get you further assistance

Major Appliances

Eric Campion