Major Appliances/Oven door removal

Hello, we have a 1960-vintage Westinghouse oven, model OL-24-8. We need to remove the door to clean it. There are 2 screws (one near each hinge) on the door's inside. I removed both and attempted to slide the metal tab underneath, as the door has a channel that looks like the tabs should slide. I wasn't able to get the door off.

Also, what would be a suitable bake element for this oven?

Thank you!
Joe Treese

most times no screws needed, they go into the tilt position like for broiling and then lift up...can you take a picture of the element and get me measurements we have most of the ones needed for the OL but we have found over the years, the lookup can be wrong... thank you, Ann
If the door does not lift off, I will go to the micro fiche to get you further assistance

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business