Major Appliances/freezer thermostat

Question
Hi, my 2009 Ewave [yeah I know but it was the only one that fit the space in garage] 5cu ft. freezer stopped running. I am trying to see if it might just be the thermostat. I do not hear a click when advancing the dial. I put my multimeter across the thermostat terminals when the dial was advanced and received no reading. However at spaced intervals I can hear a hum and click down by compressor. Even when that happens I still get no reading at the terminals. Does this sound like a bad thermostat? If so I can only find thermostat part with # MBF24 while mine is MBF33. They look exactly alike. Am I right in assuming that the 24 and 33 refer to the length of the sensor wire? If it is not the thermostat I will junk the unit. Thank you, Jack  Barnes

Answer
that is telling me the starter on the compressor is probably your culprit... the thermostat is sending power to it...but it is not starting?  the clicking is usually the give away... now the tough part will be finding a replacement....I know nothing about EWave...because they usually do not have any parts available...I can try and match it if you take a picture  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion