Major Appliances/Gasket sealer

Is there an alternative to using Whirlpool gasket sealer for changing an oil seal on a Maytag washer? I watched a repair video on changing the seal, and the guy used Indian Head Gasket Shellac. Whirlpool is asking a lot more money for a lot less for their gasket sealer. I'm not sure how hard the Indian Head stuff is to remove in case of a future oil seal change, so I'm concerned about that as well.

Totally agree.....They must have cases upon cases of that stuff getting old.  I use 51517 Loctite for many years and purchase it for 4-6 dollars. Purchase it locally.... Good Luck.

Waiting to hear from you with your response.....
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business