Major Appliances/Kenmore washer 10023832100

QUESTION: My washer runs through all cycles or so the knob says but when I open the lid I find it has not drained or spun out.  If I manually turn the knob back around to spin, it will drain & spin.   I am noticing film on my clothes so I do not believe it is rinsing either.  I can not afford to replace major appliance at this time & hope I may be able to repair it myself.  Fingers crossed you may be able to help.

ANSWER: Sounds to me like you have a defective timer assembly.  You have a neutral drain transmission and when going into the spin cycle, your timer will reverse the drive motor to drain and during this cycle, the timer must pause after drain which allows the transmission to shift and when the motor starts back up, it will spin.  Replace timer part number 661649 and you will be fine.  We can sell this to you for 115.00 + 9.95 shipping UPS to your door.  To verify what I said, allow the unit to get all the way to the final spin cycle and wait until you hear the water empty out.  Once it empties out, lift the lid for about 30 seconds and set it back down.  The motor will start back up and the unit will be spinning.  You are pausing the timer manually as it is suppose to do normally.  

Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion  

QUESTION: Thank you for your quick response.  I'm not sure if I'm following what you mean as my washer doesn't drain unless I rotate the timer all the way back around to the final spin mark.  If I just turn it to the mark before final spin, which is rinse, it won't do anything.   Are you saying once it goes through all cycles & stops as if it is done washing, turn timer back around to spin, when I hear it finish draining lift lid?   Currently I must turn it back around to spin to make it drain & spin, if I just turn it back around to rinse it doesn't do anything.  Many thanks.

There is a funky water level switch on your unit.   which by the way your model number is 110. not 100.
and since it will not rinse.   I would be more inclined to be looking at it instead of the timer.   They sell you the switch and the hose that connects to it, which is not the norm...usually the hose does not come with a water level switch....does it do this on all water settings, meaning hot wash cold rinse and cold wash and cold rinse.   Ann

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business