Major Appliances/Clogged fabric softener dispenser

I have the GE Infusor Hydrawave top load washer (terrible machine i might add...). The fabric softener dispenser is supposedly easy to remove however I almost break my fingers trying to get it off. Right now it is clogged and have no clue how to unclog it. I also notice after a load is done that fabric softener has leaked out of the holes leaving greasy blue stains all over my clothes (this was before it became clogged). Is there an easy way to remove this to clean? And any ideas how to keep the leftover softener from leaking out? I use the least possible amount of softener and use the setting to do a 2nd rinse. Thanks!!

In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business