Major Appliances/Gas cook stove oven and broiler

I have a Maytag model crg9800aab serial # 15002188kb gas cook stove. First question how do I know if it's set for propane ,and how to change if it is not.2nd? Does it need an external regulator or can it be connected directly to the tank.3rd? How to adjust air to burners and oven or how to check if they are correct .What triggers gas flow to the oven and broiler, does the igniter send signal or is it timed or ? . Thank you for this wonderful information you freely provide . Brian

Did you purchase this unit new or used?  If used, I would simply ask the seller what they had it connected to.  To determine what it is set for now....You would have to inspect the orifices.  An experienced tech woould know by looking.  For propane, orifices are very tiny.  Propane is tiny as well but larger than propane.  Is it possible to contact the seller?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business