Major Appliances/Kenmore Washer

Hi Eric,

I have a Kenmore Washing Machine-70 Series- Model 110 92570410.
The machine is between 15 to 20 years old. Lately it has started to make a very loud "bang" noise when it goes into the rinse cycle. It's weird, because it only bangs on the first load. It doesn't do it on remaining loads. I use the same cycle, which is the normal cycle, for all loads. I only change the water temperature to hot/warm for my whites. The other loads are set on warm/cold...if that makes a difference.
Because of it's age, we were thinking about just replacing it. But if it's not a major cost repair, I would rather keep it for now. What's your opinion? Repair or replace?

Thank you in advance for your help.

One of a few things coul dbe the brake grabbing too hard which would simply need to be cleaned must like a older rear brake on a car that squeals and grabs....  The other could be a gear in the transmission knocking in place.  It is difficult to tell without hearing it.  Could still last for a while.  It is a very good machine if still in good condition.  Most everything purchased today is simly full of electronics.  Let me know if I can help further....   Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business