Major Appliances/Kenmore Washer

Question
Hi Eric,

I have a Kenmore Washing Machine-70 Series- Model 110 92570410.
The machine is between 15 to 20 years old. Lately it has started to make a very loud "bang" noise when it goes into the rinse cycle. It's weird, because it only bangs on the first load. It doesn't do it on remaining loads. I use the same cycle, which is the normal cycle, for all loads. I only change the water temperature to hot/warm for my whites. The other loads are set on warm/cold...if that makes a difference.
Because of it's age, we were thinking about just replacing it. But if it's not a major cost repair, I would rather keep it for now. What's your opinion? Repair or replace?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Helen

Answer
One of a few things coul dbe the brake grabbing too hard which would simply need to be cleaned must like a older rear brake on a car that squeals and grabs....  The other could be a gear in the transmission knocking in place.  It is difficult to tell without hearing it.  Could still last for a while.  It is a very good machine if still in good condition.  Most everything purchased today is simly full of electronics.  Let me know if I can help further....   Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion