Major Appliances/Washer, reinstall spring

Question
Hello Eric,

I recently had to replace a plastic spring adjuster on my washer, I've already installed the part but now I have to re-install the short vertical suspension spring. The washer in the video below has the exact same layout as my machine, but mine is a stacked washer/dryer (417.94812301).

Washer Short Vertical Suspension Spring Replacement
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfvtIXmOtgc

The spring is in the same location as in the video. The problem is I'm not strong enough to pull the spring down to reattach it (even after tilting the tub). Is there another way to reattach the spring if your too weak to do it by hand? And without taking the whole machine apart?

Thanks
Frankie,

Answer
I have a special tool for that....They can be a bugger....I don't think I cooul ddo it anymore by hand...Best I can tell you is to grab a pair of good vice grips and lock it on the spring.  Try and attach it in this fashion.  If you still are too weak, go out on the porch and have a cup of coffee....Watch for the next kid with some muscle and bribe him with a few dollars and a wise old tale....

Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion