Major Appliances/Washer, reinstall spring

Hello Eric,

I recently had to replace a plastic spring adjuster on my washer, I've already installed the part but now I have to re-install the short vertical suspension spring. The washer in the video below has the exact same layout as my machine, but mine is a stacked washer/dryer (417.94812301).

Washer Short Vertical Suspension Spring Replacement

The spring is in the same location as in the video. The problem is I'm not strong enough to pull the spring down to reattach it (even after tilting the tub). Is there another way to reattach the spring if your too weak to do it by hand? And without taking the whole machine apart?

I have a special tool for that....They can be a bugger....I don't think I cooul ddo it anymore by hand...Best I can tell you is to grab a pair of good vice grips and lock it on the spring.  Try and attach it in this fashion.  If you still are too weak, go out on the porch and have a cup of coffee....Watch for the next kid with some muscle and bribe him with a few dollars and a wise old tale....

Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business