Major Appliances/Worth Repairing ?

I have a (15) year old Amana side by side refrigerator ( Model SXD26VW). It has be trouble-free for (15)years but six months ago the ice cube maker failed and then yesterday both the freezer side and the refridge side both completely stopped cooling.  My question is : In your opinion only, is this unit even worth repairing ? Ive looked new ones and they cost about $ 750 (reconditioned) to $ 1000.
What's the average life for refrigerators these days and am I up against that end-of-life limit ?

Thank you

Yours is a very larg unit 26 cu ft.... Since both stopped cooling.....I think it woiuld be worth at least investigating what is going on.  A simply compressor start relay may be your problem.  Good Luck in youir decision.  If I can help further, We are here.....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business