Major Appliances/Kenmore Elite dishwasher

My dishwasher model # 665.16919001 gets stuck on 42 minutes in the regular wash cycle and then just continues to wash. No weird noises or electrical smell.  My first thought is to replace the timer, so is that something I can attempt? I can't seem to find a diagram showing "the timer" for this machine.  Any help?

Your unit is a Whirlpool built unit and I am pretty sure there has been recalls on this one.  Check with Sears before making a repair.  I would imagine the electronic control is defective without being there to test myself.  Sears may say there is no recal and Whirlpool will not recognise the Kenmore brand for any type of recall or warranty issues....That is strictly in Sears hands.  Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business