Major Appliances/Jenn Air SVE47600

Question
I have a Jenn Air SVE47600.  This is a downdraft slide-in stove/oven.  The right hand side (as you face the unit) of the range has stopped working.  This happened after my wife over-boiled something on that side of the range.  The cartridges that hold the burner units are OK, I tested both of them on the left hand side and they both work. I suspect that something may be wrong with the plug at the back of the right hand side of the range.  Do you think that would be the problem?  Or do you think that it is something else?  In order to get to that plug, I believe that you need to remove the chrome trim at the top of the range.  I have tried to take the chrome trim piece that surrounds the perimeter of the top of the range off, but after removing the screws from the inside of the range, I still can't get that piece off.  Are there screws on the outside of the unit that hold that piece on?  I can't slide the whole unit out of the countertop, so I can't see if it is being held in by any additional screws.  Is there something else I need to look at to fix the problem?

Answer
Its been a long time since I worked on one of these.  I know it is not an easy one to take apart.  If my memory serves me correctly, Once all the screws are remved that you can access including in the down draft area, the top should lift off....LEt me know whaere to are with this and a picture or two would be a great help.  I only have the look-up which does not show much as far as taking this unit apart....  Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion