Major Appliances/Unbelievable washing machine mess

Hello Eric,

One of those paper bags for presents, which might have gotten its bottom moist somehow (I have no other explanation for what happened), was placed on top of our white Westinghouse washing machine, and it left a reddish/pink stain in the appliance's finish. I thought it was going to come out easily, as the machine finish is very glossy, like enamel or ceramic paint over the metal, but we tried Windex, liquid soap, and alcohol pads with no success. Before realizing the paper bag posed a problem, it was also placed on top of a white vinyl table cloth, which had to be thrown away b/c the stain didn't come off. Needless to say that the infamous paper bag ended up in the recycle bin.

The funny thing is that a crappy paper bag stained what seems to be a very resilient finish, and doesn't come out, but if I had purchased an expensive metal paint and try to apply it on the glossy finish, it wouldn't have stuck to it, and would've probably fallen off or peeled.

Anyways, Eric, if you could tell me what to do in this situation, I'll be most grateful

Thanks in advance,

What is the model number and brand so I can see what we are working on.....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business