Major Appliances/gas stove burner issue

Greetings..I have a Kenmore gas/oven stove with electronic ignition. My problem is of one of the burners. When I turn on this problem burner the ignitor does not work.As a matter of fact, the ignitor doesn"t even click. The way I get to ignite the burner is to turn on another burner while I open the bad one. Then the ignitor will click and ignite. Do you think it is the burner switch or perhaps the electronic module. I ask this because I have been doing some research on this problem and I wanted to make sure from an expert, so I can purchase the right part. Thanks for your time and your help.

You almost answered the question yourself.  When you turn on a different switch...and the gas for the burner in questiom, it lights....   That tells me it it the switch on the burner valve that is in question Get me the model  number and the brand and i willl get you the part number of the item you need to repair you range....

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business