Major Appliances/Kenmore Elite Convection oven low heat

I have a Kenmore Elite 721.67902600 microwave convection oven.  It works fine except the convection mode doesn't heat properly. Even set to maximum temperature, it gets to only about 150F then thinks it's at 400F.  I replaced the sensor with no change.  What's next?

Pull cover and check convection heater for continuity,  Be careful when in there as there is a potential of 4000 volts even when the microwave is unplugged.  This is stored in the capacitor.  Discharge the capacitor and you will be fine.  If not sure.  Call in a certified tech or take it to a local service center.  Let us know what you find.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business