Major Appliances/KitchenAid water dispenser

Eric, I have a  water dispenser that is not working properly. I made a video for friend of mine who I thought might be able to help. He couldn't, but this might be easier than typing out a long description. The model number for the refrigerator is ksbp25FKSs01 (~2003 year). Here's a video of the problem I'm running into:

Not sure why the ice woould work once in a while when calling for water.  They are independent systems with nothing but water in common.  Lets work on the water first and perhaps the other item will show it's silly head.  Not much to the water system in any older unit.  Switch in the fountain when activated completes a 110 volt circuit going to the water valve.  Once the valve opens there is nothing else electrically that is done.  Pressure from your home water supply simply pushes the water through the tubing and into your glass or container.  First thing I always do is remove the electrical connection from the water inlet valve and stick my voltage meter probes into each of the two female connections.  Putting the meter on the floor on the side of the refrigerator, I go to the front of the unit and press the water paddle and I should read 110 volts.  Do You?  Troubleshooting is one step at a time.  I need to know this before I go on...

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business