Major Appliances/Whirlpool washer not running & making noise

Question
QUESTION: I have a Whirlpool washer, model LSB6300PW2, serial number CS1001262.  In the middle of a load it stopped working and began making a loud buzzing (best way I can describe it) noise.  It won't function at all; I tried the wash cycle, the spin cycle, the drain cycle, etc.  It just buzzes when you pull the start knob out.  I had recently noticed that at times the cycle would stop after filling, unless you shut the lid a bit harder than usual.  I don't know if the two are connected, but thought I'd mention it.  

What do you think could be wrong?  Can it be fixed by a fairly handy amateur?

Thank you so much for your help.

ANSWER: Right now....  is there water in the tub?  If so... then no cycles work only the buzzing, humming noise?  Two things come to mind.  First, an object stuck the the drain pump and secondly, the capacitor shorted thus not supplying enough voltage for the start winding to start the motor or since the pump is locate ont he front side of the double shafted motor, an object in the pump restricting the rotation, the motor cannot turn.  Check both of these things.  You have a very good unit there and I would repair rather than replaced.  Let us know if we can help further...    

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://www.affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: I was able to get the washer to drain, I removed the clothes and took it apart.  I checked for any obvious things that might be restricting it and found nothing.  Once I got it all emptied out I tried starting it again and the agitator tried to start, but then stopped.  I hear the loud buzzing noise, but can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from.  The belt seems to be a bit loose, so I'm going to try to replace that, but it doesn't seem like that would cause this loud noise.  I see what I think are two capacitors, do you think those could cause the noise?  

Thanks again for your quick response and all your help :)

Susan

Answer
I think the buzzing sound may be the motor already turning.  This buzzing noise continues for as long as the machine is on.  There is no drive belt on your washing machine....however, there is a drive coupling that connects your motor to the transmission.  You can click on this link to see a video that will show you how to disassmble your machine and install a new coupler.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYB5x-IqtIM  If this is your problem you are on your way to make this repair and bring life back into your good quality washing machine.  If we can help further...   We are here.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion