Major Appliances/Gas oven does not reach selected temp on bake

My Maytag gas oven MGS5870ADC does not bake at the selected temp. It says it reached the temp but if you cancel and then restart it is usually 100-150* below set temp. Broil is fine. Is it most likely the temp sensor? Is that an easy part to replace?

Put an actual thermometer in the oven.  set to 300 degrees and then when it says it is there, tell me what the actual temp is.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business