Major Appliances/Maytag Bravo Washer & Dryer

Question
Dryer
Dryer  

Washer
Washer  
Hello,

I am at a loss on what is wrong with my washer. When it gets to the final spin cycle it will become off balance. It does not matter if it is 1 piece in the washer or 20 pieces. Even washing a single sock will make the washer off balance. I have removed pieces of clothing and restarted and it will beep letting me know it is off balance. This happens on the last spin cycle. It will have between 9 - 13 minutes left. I have a Maytag Bravo. Model: MVWB850WR1 Serial C03470067. I have not attempted any troubleshooting steps beside's redistributing items in the washer. I honestly do not know what type of troubleshooting steps I should do. If you give me some guidance here I will attempt anything you suggest.

Also, my Maytag Bravo dryer is not drying clothes. It will heat up and there will be steam coming out when the door is opened but clothes are wet. I can put in a damp towel and it will take between 5-8 hours to dry. I know one of the sensors needs replacing but I do not know which one. I just need a little guidance on which one I should start with before purchasing and replacing. The model number: MEDB850WR0 serial number: M02403267. I have moved the dryer and cleaned all lint under it. I have taken the back off and removed all lint. I remove the lint trap and vacuumed it out. I have even put on a new hose. It still takes hours to dry clothes.  The clothing in the drying is not warm. If there are additional troubleshooting steps to try please let me know and I will try them.

If I have forgot to provide any other information you need I apologize. Please let me know what else you need and I will provide it. I purchased this set in December 2010. I contacted the business I purchased these from but they want $150 for each to even tell me what is wrong. I understand it is a business and cannot make money or stay in business giving away services. However I feel cheated over a company telling me I need to pay someone to look at each item instead of one flat fee to look at both. I have attached images of the model and serial number in case I mistyped a number/letter.

Thank you for your time in answering and helping me with this problem. I greatly appreciate your advice and help.

Answer
On the washer I wold suspect a suspension rod/support kit or the bolt securing the stator motor is loose.  On the dryer, remove the dryer vent hose and run a load.  tell me if it dries more efficiently.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at https://www.affordableappliance.com/  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion