Major Appliances/Dishwasher won't cycle to dry setting

Hi Eric

Back once again; appreciate all your help in the past.

My description is going to be a little ďanemic.Ē But Iím trying to help-out a very sick neighbor. I was doing yard work today for my daughterís neighbor who has pancreatic cancer and had surgery yesterday; and heís only 39 y/o. Anyway, my daughter told me her neighborís dishwasher will wash dishes, but it wonít cycle to the dry setting. Iím afraid thatís all I know, all my daughter knows; but she could text his wife at hospital to get more information if you need it. So, to be clear, the problem is NOT that it wonít dry the dishes, the problem is that it wonít cycle to the dry setting.

If that just doesnít make sense that a machine would do that, Eric, I can get more info if you donít mind another email exchange. I just didnít want to bother them at the hospital unless I have to.   

I have a multimeter if I need to check something.

Kitchen Aid

Daughter did not know age of machine.

By the way, my father in law said that it is possible to reboot the computer in a d/w, but how itís done depends on the particular machine. He didnít say that would solve problem, just that you can do it. Think that might help?

Thanks so much, Eric

First of all your model number is probably KUDS01IJBS0.  An I for another number 1.  You can reboot the control but will need to go to the home circuit breater and turn it off for about 5 minutes.....Turn it back on and most likley will have no change.  Once verified.....check ohms resistance on the heating element circuit.  Let me knoww what you find.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business