Major Appliances/Indesit Refrigerator Tips Power - Fridge light on.

Good Day. We recently transported a Indesit refrigerator horizontally to our new home. We waited about 10 hours before switching it on. We were told it will be fine to transport it horizontally as long as we have it upright for at lease 12 hours before switching it on. We plugged it in and it worked. Then we unplugged it and left the house. The next day we tried switching it on but it kept tripping the power. When the temperature knob is on zero the fridge does not trip, and the light is on. But as soon as you turn the knob onto 1 or any of the other number settings it trips the power immediately. We have plugged it into another wall socket and it does not work.
What else could the problem be?
I unfortunately do not have a model number at this point.
Any help or advise would be appreciated.
Thank You in advance.
Natasha Ellis

They lied.....  I never lay a refrigerator down....  Been there and done that and the results are if you lay 100 refrigerators on their side and then stand them up....chances are 5 of them will not work and caused a  restriction problerm within the sealed system.  Nothing we can do for you since you are in Africa.   Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business