Major Appliances/Tube Replacement Kenmore Elite 106.72202201

Lower left view
Lower left view  

Lower right view
Lower right view  
Our ice maker stopped filling with water. When investigating the cause, a break in a tube that seems to feed the ice water dispenser was found and patched unsuccessfully (Lower left view.) Even with this poor patch, however, water reaches the dispenser and also seems to be getting to the ice maker. My first question is how do I replace the damaged tube? One end enters the refrigerator liner where I can't reach it.  And how do I disconnect it at the end shown (yellow connector.)

So, if this tube can be replaced, it seems that water will flow properly except for the second problem. There is a leak where the plastic tube exits the valve solenoid assembly (Lower right photo.) It happens when the solenoid clicks/buzzes.

In both cases it also not clear how to disconnect and reconnect the plastic tubing.

The pictures do not show me exactly where the 'patch' is.  To remove the plastic tubing from the valve ports, simply push in on the round ring and slide out the tubing.  Do not pull hard or you will break the seal on the inisde of thevalve and it will not seat properly when re-inserting.  Good Luck, Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business