Makeup & Skincare/skin care for man :)

Question
Hello, Rachel Miera

I was introduced to a skin care product consisting of sea salt.
The sales rep rubbed a bit of it on my skin and I noticed how good it was.

Unfortunately the product was a bit too expensive for me, even with discount. Could kitchen salt (the one we use for food) be used on the skin? if yes, how can I use it to cleanse my skin? could I use it on my face to get rid of blackheads and whiteheads?
How often should I use it?

and, any side effects?

Thanks for reviewing my concerns

Regards

Jake K

Answer
Hi Jake,

I personally would not use kitchen salt on the face. It would be ok to use as an exfoliant for the body but would be to harsh for the face. I can't say anything for the stuff you tried because I don't know the product. As for an exfoliant for the face it's best to only exfoliate the face 1-2 times a week. For my customers that are looking for a face exfoliant or have trouble with blackheads or whiteheads I recommend using the Mary Kay Timewise Microdermabrasion. It's an excellent exfoliant that works really well, will last a while and is decently priced. As for a cleanser that works well for black and whiteheads I recommend the Velocity face wash and moisturizer. This is popular with most men too and I provided the links below. Any other deep cleanser would work fine as well. If you really want to use something from the kitchen I would recommend using milk and nutmeg instead of salt. The nutmeg will get rid of the oil and works as an exfoliant. The lactic acid in the milk will break down old skin cells that will disappear when you rinse your face. It's best to use a moisturizer after you exfoliate and if your skin is oily. Using a moisturizer will prevent your skin from over producing oils.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Rachel

http://www.marykay.com/rmiera/en-US/_layouts/MaryKayCoreCatalog/CategoryPage.asp

Makeup & Skincare

Rachel Miera