Makeup & Skincare/Acne Products Awareness

Question
Hi Rachel,
I have recently becoming more aware of facial products since I have been suffering from mild to moderate acne since I was 16 (I'm 23 now) and I searched for a list of ingredients to avoid. The thing is that most the list so long and I don't evwn know how to begin to look for the right product for me. My dermatologist sold me this moisturizer which I have found contains highly comedogenic ingredients and the label says perfect for acne prone skin. So i really am confused. The ingredients are : aqua, propylene glycol, myristyl myristate, PEG-8 Distearate, PEG-40 Stereate, Glyceryl stereate, PEG-100 Stereate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stereate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propyaraben, tetrasodium EDTA. The product is from DCL (Dermatologic Cosmetic Laboratories) Ultra LiGht Hydrator. Also would like a serum or some moisturizer that could improve my face texture. Thanks so much in advance! Please guide me.

Answer
Hi Jackie,

What products are you currently using on your skin and are you currently using this moisturizer from your dermatologist? Is your skin more dry or oily? Also where do you normally breakout on your face (Example: chin, forehead, cheeks)? This will better help me answer your question on what products would be best for you. In the meantime I really like this website it is all about acne and how to get rid of it. There are also some products on the website for acne that are all natural. I've only used the masks and they worked great for me when I was having acne issues myself. The yellow clay mask is good for improving face texture. Links are below hope this helps feel free to follow up this question.

Rachel

http://www.highonhealth.org/

http://www.highonhealthstore.com/categories/Facial-Clays/

Makeup & Skincare

Rachel Miera