Makeup & Skincare/Skin discoloration around mouth

Question
Discoloration
Discoloration  

Discoloration #2
Discoloration #2  
Hello,

Lately I've been noticing that I have discoloration around my mouth. It's not just one small spot or blotch-like, but its sort of a sickly-looking pale and slightly greenish color located between my mouth and nose. Occasionally I will notice that it is below my mouth (chin area) a bit or has spread out to the sides of my mouth, which happens more often than not. I always try to cover it up with makeup--I've tried concealer, liquid foundation, and powder but none of them cover it up very well. What do you think is causing this? How can I fix it?

Answer
Hi Amity,

I would definitely recommend seeing a doctor about this just to be safe. As far as covering it up using a pinkish/reddish concealer should help cover it up better. I can't say why your skin is turning that color but a doctor would be better to help you figure out what is going on.

Rachel

Makeup & Skincare

Rachel Miera