Makeup & Skincare/Skin discoloration around mouth

Discoloration #2
Discoloration #2  

Lately I've been noticing that I have discoloration around my mouth. It's not just one small spot or blotch-like, but its sort of a sickly-looking pale and slightly greenish color located between my mouth and nose. Occasionally I will notice that it is below my mouth (chin area) a bit or has spread out to the sides of my mouth, which happens more often than not. I always try to cover it up with makeup--I've tried concealer, liquid foundation, and powder but none of them cover it up very well. What do you think is causing this? How can I fix it?

Hi Amity,

I would definitely recommend seeing a doctor about this just to be safe. As far as covering it up using a pinkish/reddish concealer should help cover it up better. I can't say why your skin is turning that color but a doctor would be better to help you figure out what is going on.

Makeup & Skincare

Rachel Miera

I can answer questions on makeup application.

I'm a professional Makeup Artist that specializes in Bridal, Model, High Fashion and Photography Makeup.

State Licensed Esthetician, certified in microdermabrasions and chemical peels. Obtained an apprentice and masters certificate in makeup artistry from the Robert Jones Beauty Academy.