Makeup & Skincare/best sunscreen for oily skin

Question
hi,
i am 18 years old, male, from India and going to Christchurch, New Zealand next week for about 2 years. I have not been using any sunscreen in india but i am given to understand that I need a sunscreen in NZ. I need your help on two questions:
1. What type of sunscreen would suit me as my skin is very oily and my face is full of acne. It would be helpful if you tell me some particular product apart from spf range, pa+ range, base etc.
2. Can you help me with this acne problem? I mean, some advice on how can i avoid them to spread or something like that?
thanks.

Answer
Hello Shubham. Looking for a sun block for acne can be a difficult task. Been there, done that. Good news! It's not impossible. First, you'll want to look for sun screen/sun block products with broad-spectrum protection from the sun. Broad-spectrum means your skin will be protected from BOTH UVA and UVB rays. UVB rays cause sun burn, and UVA rays cause skin darkening and worse yet, skin cancer. This is why broad-spectrum protection is important. Next thing to look for in a sunscreen is the SPF rating.

You'll want to use a sunscreen that is at least an SPF of 20-30. If you are going to be exposed to the sun for long periods of time, you'll have to reapply it perhaps every two to three hours. If you want to avoid having to reapply so often, you'll want to purchase a sunscreen or sunblock with a higher SPF, like maybe an SPF 40-50 or higher. And finally, look for sun blocks/sun screen products that say "non-comedogenic", "oil-free" or "non-greasy" on the label, which means it won't clog pores and aggravate acne.

There are many oil-free, non-greasy sun screen and sun blocks on the market with these attributes. Shubham, be sure to look for products that contain the natural,active ingredients like  zinc oxide or titanium oxide. Personally, I prefer a zinc oxide formula because it is known for soothing and calming the skin. This ingredient is commonly used in infant diaper rash products gentle enough for baby. Because the most common cause of acne is inflammation and irritation of the skin, zinc oxide can help calm that irritation and inflammation of the skin.

Here is a link to what I believe is a very good sun block product for oily, acne-prone skin. It's a little pricey, but it's worth it because there are no pore-clogging ingredients, it's oil-free, natural and chemical-free. And, it will last a very long time because you only need a teeny bit only once daily...if you're not going to be sun-bathing, that is. I've searched high and low for natural sunblocks for my acne-prone skin also, and this is the best one in my opinion. You can follow the link provided below. I've also included another link to my website about acne for your convenience. Hope this helps. God bless.

the link for the natural sun block:
http://www.amazon.com/Tates-The-Natural-Miracle-Sunscreen/dp/B005BRQSRQ/ref=sr_1

Tara
http://www.beautifulbrownskin.net/acne-causes.html

Makeup & Skincare

Tara Logan-Hearn