Makeup & Skincare/Question

QUESTION: Hello, how are you going? :-) I saw a photo of a model wearing red glossy lipstick and it looks really nice. I would like to copy that look, but it also looks like in the photo like she has put some kind of white or silver on her bottom lip. Here is a link to the photo, it is 2 photos but the one I am looking at is the girl with the red glossy lips. I was wondering if you might know how I can recreate that makeup look that she has on her lips. Thanks heaps for your time, I do appreciate it a lot :-) Kind Regards, from Christina :-)

ANSWER: Hi Christina,

I don't see the link to the pictures. Here are links to some red lips i've done and I can tell you how to recreate them. Hopefully they are close to what your looking for.

This first look I used a brown toned lip liner, red lipstick and finished with a gold toned gloss. Make sure you blend the lip liner in well.

This next look is more of a deeper darker red. I used a clear lip liner, red lipstick, red lip gloss and a copper toned lip gloss.

QUESTION: Hello, wow, thanks heaps for that, those red lips you did are awesome, Im going to do them for sure, thanks heaps for that! :-)

I feel like such a dumbo, I forgot to give you the link to the red lips I saw in the photo. How embarrassing! :-D Here is the link here to the red lips that I was wondering about:

Thanks heaps for your time, I really appreciate it :-) Kind Regards, from Christina

Hello again:)

Looks like the white/silver you see is just light reflecting off of her gloss. To accomplish that look I would use clear liner, red lipstick a little gold tone gloss and maybe a high shine gloss. You can sample and play with different tones of reds at most makeup counters. It's also important to do a red that goes well with your skin tone.    

Makeup & Skincare

Rachel Miera

I can answer questions on makeup application.

I'm a professional Makeup Artist that specializes in Bridal, Model, High Fashion and Photography Makeup.

State Licensed Esthetician, certified in microdermabrasions and chemical peels. Obtained an apprentice and masters certificate in makeup artistry from the Robert Jones Beauty Academy.