Makeup & Skincare/Preventing Foundation from getting into skin

I believe what you put on your skin will go into your body.

I would love to use liquid foundation that I can buy at a local store because it can make my skin glow.

I thought about using vaseline on my face first and then putting the liquid foundation on.

But, correct me if I am wrong, vaseline would not be good to use because it clogs the pores.

Do you know of anything else that I can use that is not bad for the skin and that would prevent the foundation from penetrating into my skin?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you are right about vaseline clogging pores. It is not good to put vaseline on your face. A face primer is the best thing to put under your foundation to keep it long lasting and in place. There are many different brands of face primers and you can usually find them at your local makeup store or counter. If there is a Sephora in your area or MAC they always carry primers.

Hope this helps!

Makeup & Skincare

Rachel Miera

I can answer questions on makeup application.

I'm a professional Makeup Artist that specializes in Bridal, Model, High Fashion and Photography Makeup.

State Licensed Esthetician, certified in microdermabrasions and chemical peels. Obtained an apprentice and masters certificate in makeup artistry from the Robert Jones Beauty Academy.