Makeup & Skincare/Blackheads/whiteheads

Question
I am a female age 61 .I have had lots of blackheads and
whiteheads all over my nose top and sides plus on chin and
corners of mouth.I've tried all over counter and spa type
cleansers like skin ceuticals,murad,clinique,biore strips,
neutrogena,and many other sold online but nothing gets rid of them
or keeps away.It really makes my face look older and dirty.
I was told my skin is combo and dehydrated.Not flaxy.
I'm light/med skin tone.
HELP...I need a cleanser or face mask that will take them away
as soon as I use the product.

Thanks so much

Answer
Hello Debbie and thanks for contacting me. Blackheads need to be dislodged from the skin's surface, and whiteheads need to be exfoliated in order to unclog the pores and release the contents of the whiteheads (usually pus/bacteria). When it comes to blackheads and whiteheads, the best thing to do for your skin initially, is to do a mechanical exfoliation (removal of dead skin cells by way of gentle scrubbing action).

A facial scrub containing natural ingredients is something you may want to consider. Skin smoothing results seem more immediate with this type of exfoliation. If you go this route, you'll want to be sure to use one that is formulated for your skin type.

Another thing to look for, is a natural facial scrub that does not contain teeny, tiny bits of peach pits or apricot kernel pits, because this material can cause microscopic tears in the skin. Be sure to look for natural facial scrubs containing the following ingredients for gentle and effective exfoliation. These natural mechanical exfoliating ingredients are:

*Jojoba beads (also moisturizes)
*Baking soda (also helps regulate oil)
*Walnut shell powder
*Rice bran powder
*Adzuki bean powder

Debbie, sometimes products like Biore Strips, Neutrogena, Clinique and Murad can be very harsh, especially if they use harsh skin cleansing agents like Sodium Laureth/Lauryl Sulfate and Tea Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate, or alcohol, chemical pH balancers, etc. Many common synthetic ingredients contained in products (including the ones I mentioned) can cause skin conditions such as eczema, contact dermatitis, acne flare-ups, rashes, redness, extreme dryness, irritation and can even prematurely age the skin.

It is very important to read product labels these days. Try to do a search ('Google it' or 'Bing it') by using the following search terms: "Ingredients to avoid", "toxic skincare ingredients", "bad ingredients for skin", etc. You'll find a wealth of info about this and you will become more aware of what to look for and what to avoid when shopping for your skin care products.

In fact, I've compiled a natural ingredient glossary on one of my websites that gives more details on the natural skin care ingredients to look for when shopping for skin care products. Also, because I'll be taking this site down and rebuilding another, be sure to print this list out if you like, as your personal reference. Along with that link, I've also included a link to what I believe is a wonderful smelling, all natural and effective skin cleansing scrub you may find interesting - with good reviews . Debbie, I hope this helps. God bless you.

Tara
http://naturallynubian.ecrater.com/

Suki Exfoliating Foaming Cleanser:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dbeauty&field-keyword

Natural ingredients to look for:
http://www.beautifulbrownskin.net/skin-care-ingredients.html  

Makeup & Skincare

Tara Logan-Hearn