Makeup & Skincare/Acne

Hi, Tara

I have been suffering from acne since the age of 14. I've bought so many skincare products from low brand to high brand, and well I'm really fed up as I'm nearly 21 with acne. I now have quite a bit of scarring which is obvious in the light. I've recently bought an expensive make-up estee lauder double wear and its not at all good. I read reviews about this product and its cost me 45 money I can't really afford to splash out on. I just want my face back to normal its such a teenage thing. I have bad self esteem from the acne I have too. I also have it on the rest of my body my back is the worst. I'm nervous about my boyfriend seeing it also, I do have skin ragime and it doesn't work. I'm taking yasim to see if help my acne but it had no effect the last time I took it. My GP said Roaccutane is last resort and she said its awful stuff.

Now my only option is to get facial scar removal which costs 1,000+ I can't afford it. Is there any other way of getting rid of my acne? and I'm starting to think its hormonal acne. Doctors aren't good in Ireland.

Any suggestionss please

Hello Ash. Thanks for contacting me. I want you to know I haven't forgotten about you and I WILL answer your question. While I answer MOST questions within 24 hrs or less, I've been inundated lately. To give you a heads up, I will be contacting you with your answer to acne as soon as I can (perhaps later on, today). Thanks for your understanding.

Makeup & Skincare

Tara Logan-Hearn

I will, according to my knowledge and experience, answer questions that involve providing information, tips, and advice in an effort to help one improve the following common ethnic and black skin care concerns:

Although make-up is not my specialty, I'm happy to help with advice on caring for the skin while wearing makeup. I affirm that I can not answer questions to which attention by a doctor is necessary.

I've written for Bella Online, Beauty and Sugar, Self Growth and Oily Skin Blog. I've written the e-book entitled, "Achieving Flawless Skin of Color - 2 Easy Steps to Clear, Even-toned Skin From the Inside Out", which is now published.