Makeup & Skincare/Question Regarding Crossdressing Makeup For Looking Like A Rich Woman

QUESTION: Hi Nicole,

I would like to crossdress like a young rich woman but not sure what colors to wear for eye colors, lips, etc. Could you give me your suggestions on what's best? Would appreciate it greatly.

ANSWER: Hey Bill-

There are a lot of things that go into cross dressing. You want to make sure you have a smooth face, nicely groomed brows and
a great head of hair/or wig.

For colors the most important is your foundation color. You want to match the color to your neck. Even if your neck is a little
lighter you can always warm up your face with powder, blush or bronzer. The only reason not to match your neck first is if
it is a red consistency. You want to wear colors on your eyes that compliment your eyes. Remember you don't have to wear
much, it's just about enhancing what you have. I would start off with matte natural tones. Try brown, vanillas, or grays. Once
you get the hang of technique then try experimenting with other colors.

Remember not to over do it. If you are unsure of your colors, try taking a selfie in natural light and see what it looks like.
I would also start off with mauves on the lips, until you get all your colors down. Lashes are always a great addition too.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions. It's hard to be too specific on the colors without
seeing your skin tones, etc.

Hace fun!

QUESTION: Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I fair skin so those colors seem to be a good match. I have two follow questions for you. Do you recommend having more than one lipcolor at my disposal? The other I question I have for you is just a thought I wanted to pass by you. I know you give advice specifially on makeup but wanted your suggestions on what's better for looking like a young rich woman regarding wardrobe. Would you recommend a skirt suit or something more like an evening dress with gloves or both for young rich woman look? Just wanted run those by you to see if you have any thoughts on those. Would appreciate it if you could. Thanks again.

Hi Bill-

My apologies for the tardy reply.

I would definitely recommend several lip colors. I would try to get neutral colors, i.e. mauves, light pinks, maybe reddish pink.
Try to get more matte tones or creamy lipsticks. I feel the frosty or shimmery kind of ages ladies. If you choose to go with
lipstick I would also have a complimentary gloss to go over it......even if it's clear.

If you are just starting out I would stay with neutrals until you get your style down. This way it is more realistic.
I feel that a lot of cross dressers make the biggest mistakes with wardrobe. I just see really out dated attire. You can
still achieve the "rich lady" look and be up to date, casual or dressy. Suits are dated, I would try a dress first. Dresses
will be more comfy to start. If you have  great make-up on, quality wig (if you are going that route), nice shoes and purse
everything else is easy. Jewelry is always a great accent too.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions. I promise I will get right back to you next time.

Makeup & Skincare

Nicole Higginbotham

I can answer any questions about make-up applications, colors, brands, corrections and any cosmetic related questions.

I have over 15 years experience as a professional celebrity hair and make-up artist. I work with hair, make-up and prosthetics. I have experience is film, tv, print and weddings. For 15 years I have worked in Hollywood.

My make-up has appeared in People Magazine, Playboy, OK magazine, Hello Magazine, Caras Magazine, Maxim

MUD graduate with Journeyman plus Hair certificate