Makeup & Skincare/Acne help?

I have moderate acne and I really wish to improve it. It is worse in my T-zone and on my chin, but it also occurs in other parts of my face. I have recently began a better skin care ritual and it has improved a bit, but are their any products of routines you recommend? Currently I use a few different products- Neutrogena and Clean and Clear, and I also use acne pads. I used to wear foundation daily but recently I stopped, but as I go back to school I may start again.
Any makeup tips or products that you think would be best? Also, I have pale skin, but it is reddish on the cheeks with huge pores on the tip of my nose. How do I shrink those pores and get rid of the redness (I like having pale skin, I think it looks nice, I just wish for a far more even skin tone).
Any tips?

First make sure you are doing 2 cleanses both in the morning and night. The first cleanse gets rid of surface dirt and the second cleanse is for deep cleaning. Next I recommend using a professional skin care line and sticking to it. Dermalogica is a good one to try. Get a cleanser or moisturizer with salicylic acid as an ingredient. Salicylic acid aids in getting rid of acne and redness in the skin. Also products with vitamin C are good as vitamin C has anti-inflamatory properties.  Moisturize day and night. If you are oily (which from your skin description sounds like you are) use a water based moisturizer. To help minimize the appearance of large pores use a primer after moisturizing and before foundation. Apply the primer with a foundation brush so any oils on your fingers do not transfer to your face. "EXUVIANCE Coverblend Concealing Treatment Makeup" is a foundation that has great coverage and is made with ingredients that are good for your skin. Using a concealer with a yellow tone will help cancel out any red from acne.

Makeup & Skincare

Rachel Miera

I can answer questions on makeup application.

I'm a professional Makeup Artist that specializes in Bridal, Model, High Fashion and Photography Makeup.

State Licensed Esthetician, certified in microdermabrasions and chemical peels. Obtained an apprentice and masters certificate in makeup artistry from the Robert Jones Beauty Academy.