Makeup & Skincare/Redness on Face, acne skin care products, exfoliation

Question
Hi there,
About a month or two ago I asked you for advice on dry flaky skin and you had suggested using aloe vera gel with baking soda and tea tree oil. I use this to exfoliate about 3 times a week and I have been very happy to see my skin feeling smoother after washing my face. Thank You! However, lately I have noticed my skin being more red than usual on my forehead and nose and around the nose area. I had used Accutane a few years back and the doctor had said redness would go away eventually but even now I have redness about 4 years later. Lately it's gotten worse. I use Jameison's Vitamin E cream to moisturize my face but I recently read that Vitamin E is not as good as it was thought to be and how often it gives no result, or can make things worse. I wanted to know your take on that and weather I should continue to use it or not. Also I wanted to know if you have any advice to get rid of redness on my face. My skin complexion is light brown. Thanks in advance!

Answer
Hello Nada. glad to hear the acne recipe for exfoliation and break outs has worked for you and you're welcome. Well, when it comes to Vitamin E, it has it's uses as an anti oxidant, however, I've read in the past that vitamin E can cause contact Dematitis in some individuals, so be careful with it. If it is contained in natural or organic acne skin care products, with other soothing ingredients such as Allantoin (soothing herb), Aloe, Chamomile, Shea Butter, etc, then it should be fine.

Usually, redness on the skin is a sign that your skin is inflammed or irritated and is not liking something that has been done to it. For redness and irritation, I highly recommend Lavender essential oil, as it is very soothing on irritated skin and can reduce redness and inflammation. Pain, discomfort or redness is an indicator of skin inflammation. Your skin can also actually be irritated even if there's no pain or discomfort involved.

I have several essential oils on hand that I use for different health and beauty needs and Lavender is one of them. Put about 16 oz of cool water into a small bowl. Then pour about 10-12 drops of Lavender e/o into the water. After that, dip a strong paper towel or other thin, clean dry cloth into the Lavender water and gently wring out. Open the cloth/paper towel and place this cool lavender compress onto the entire red area(s). Let sit about 5-10 minutes.

Repeat this maybe 2-3 times daily until your skin is no longer red. It shouldn't take very long for the redness to be reduced, depending on the severity of it. You can get Lavender e/o almost anywhere online like Amazon, your local drug store, health food or whole food store. Oh, try not using the Vitamin E for 2 to 3 days and see what your skin tells you. When using acne skin care products, it is important to beware of toxic ingredients. You're welcome to download my FREE 45 page eBook on my site for all the info you need to safely and naturally clear your skin for the long term.

Hope this helps, Nada. God bless.

Tara
http://www.naturallynubian.com/exfoliation-for-flawless-skin.html
http://www.naturallynubian.com/acne-skin-care-products.html

My FREE PDF Acne eBook
http://www.weebly.com/uploads/2/1/3/8/21384896/achieving_flawless_skin_of_colorp

Makeup & Skincare

Tara Logan-Hearn