Makeup & Skincare/Dead skin cells

Question
Yes I have lot of dry dead skin cell build up on my right side of forhead, no matter if I use dermabrasion or chemical peel it's back in 3 days, it kind of looks somewhat brown, do you know why or what I can do, I use all type of moisturizers still no help. Thanks

Answer
Hi Danny. You are on the right track so far, by knowing you have to exfoliate to remove dead skin cells. You must know this because you are using dermabrasion. Kudos to you! But now, not all exfoliants are created equal and can be just too costly as well as ineffective at getting rid of dead skin cells. The simple tip I'm about to give you includes good, ol' fashioned baking soda. BS is known to balance the skin's pH level for healthy skin and gently removes dead skin cells without harming the skin. Also, olive oil is very identical to our own skin's natural sebum, thereby absorbing into the skin quite well for moisturizing and maintaining that moisture as well.

What you can do is get a bottle of Cetaphil cleanser from your local drug store. Pour a quarter-sized amount of the cleanser into your palm and add to that, a sprinkle or two of baking soda. Be sure that the texture is more like a creamy scrub and not too dry and pasty. Keep adjusting with a little more/less cleanser, or a little more/less baking soda (you get the point), until it's creamy.

Next, massage to your skin in circular motions, for about 3 minutes while concentrating on those drier areas. Next, rinse, pat dry and moisturize with several drops of olive oil to the dry areas after cleansing. Do this daily until you get the desired results you're looking for and if you like the results you can stay with this indefinitely.

Danny, sometimes the simplest, most inexpensive solutions to our skin problems sit right under our noses in our kitchen, bathroom or at the most, our local drug or grocery store. Nothing extraordinary or fancy is always needed for most skin problems. Some marketers just want us to believe they're needed, strictly for their profit only. I sure hope this helps you, Danny. God bless!

Tara
http://www.naturallynubian.com/  

Makeup & Skincare

Tara Logan-Hearn