Makeup & Skincare/Pigmentation

Question
Hi Doctor,I am 38 years old female from India.For the past 2 years,I am getting small brown or black spots on my face.It makes my face look ugly.Please help.

Answer
Hello Sonia and my apologies for such a late reply. Although I am not a doctor, I can tell you that pigmentation issues can stem from things like sun damage (in the sun for extended time without using a sunblock), dark marks left over from acne that has healed, certain skin care ingredients, some medications and hormone imbalance.

So it depends on what is causing your pigmentation issues that will help you determine the best solution to this problem. However, no matter what the cause is, always wear broad-spectrum sunblock (at least SPF 15 to 30, or higher) whenever you are outside during the day, as the sun will cause brown spots or black spots, and early aging of the skin.

Also, you can use a skin lightening product designed for lightening these brown spots and black spots. Look for skin lighteners containing any combination of the following natural active ingredients:

*Melanostat
*Emblica (Amla) fruit extract
*Mandelic acid
*Vitamin C
*Kojic Dipalmitate
*Gigawhite
*Tyrostat

You can try Rx for Brown Skin at http://www.rxforbrownskin.com/ for example. They ship worldwide and offer products for this purpose. Sonia, please be sure to wear at least an SPF 15 to 30 sunblock that has the words "broad-spectrum" on the label, whether or not you use a skin lightening product, as this is your best defense and solution to brown spots and black spots. Hope this helps. God bless!

Tara
http://www.naturallynubian.com/

Makeup & Skincare

Tara Logan-Hearn