Makeup & Skincare/Eyeshadow application

Question
Hi Nicole,

I recently purchased my first higher end shadow palettes. I went with an UD Naked and a Too Faced Natural Eyes palette. But none of the colors seem to show up on me at all. It's as if they just don't stick. I have tried them with UD Primer Potion, Tarte Creaseless Shadow Primer and MAC Paint Pots as a base. Until now, I have used MAC and Stila quads and stuck to ELF palettes. I have been really impressed with the color payoff I get with these, but I was looking for a palette with a nicer consistency than ELF. I am using off-brand, natural hair brushes.

My skin is very fair and normal to dry on the lids. Do you suppose I'm just having better luck with Stila and ELF because of my skin type? Or would investing in good brushes make a difference?

Answer
Hey Jessica-

So sorry for this delayed response. I wasn't getting my e-mails. First if you are able to return this product I would. Second I was going to suggest a primer, but sounds like you have already tried a primer.

That is a lovely palette but unfortunately some lines are more saturated in color than others. Colors that tend to have shimmer or sparkle are not going to be as consistent. I would try layering the color on. Start with a similar lighter color and then layer a darker one on top. Also, you could apply primer, coat your entire lid with a light tone and then layer the one color you would like to pop.

Brushes play a big part in the aide of this as well. Try using a stamp brush or crease brush. These brushes are short and stiff and help keep the color in one spot.

HOpe this helps.

Thanks,
Nicole

Makeup & Skincare

Nicole Higginbotham