Makeup & Skincare/skin

QUESTION: I hav black n dirty knees..plz prescribe something so that i can clean them.i hav a fair look but knees are so black n dirty.i tried soaps n lemons but they dint work.plz help me.its so embarassing.

ANSWER: Hi Saleem-

Thanks so much for your question. I am sorry you are having this problem. Is this from uneven skintone or hereditary? This will help me help you.

QUESTION: no its not hereditry

Hey Saleem-

I work in make-up and skincare. I would suggest these home remedies. If they are unsuccessful I would check with a Dermatologist.

-Lime juice: freshly squeezed lime has excellent bleaching effect. Smear the juice on the knees and leave on for half an hour. Daily application yields good results.
-Hydrogen peroxide: helps whiten dark knees effectively.
-Exfoliation: exfoliating the knees once or twice a week helps prevent discolorations and pigmentation. A natural scrub comprising of oatmeal, milk and lemon rind helps get rid of dirt and dead skin. You may also use a loofah daily while bathing.
-Coconut oil and lime: blend 3 spoons of coconut oil with the juice of half a lime. Massage in to the knees daily. Leave on for half an hour. It lightens the skin noticeably.
-Moisturization: moisturizing the skin every day after a shower is extremely important. Use a good quality moisturizer or you may use any of the following to lubricate the skin Ė  shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, cocoa butter or walnut oil.
-Sun protection: protecting the skin from the sun is very crucial. Sunscreens helps shield the skin from the harmful effects of the sunís UV rays. Slather a good sun block all over the body, particularly the exposed parts. Use a sunscreen that has SPF 30 or SPF 45.

Makeup & Skincare

Nicole Higginbotham

I can answer any questions about make-up applications, colors, brands, corrections and any cosmetic related questions.

I have over 15 years experience as a professional celebrity hair and make-up artist. I work with hair, make-up and prosthetics. I have experience is film, tv, print and weddings. For 15 years I have worked in Hollywood.

My make-up has appeared in People Magazine, Playboy, OK magazine, Hello Magazine, Caras Magazine, Maxim

MUD graduate with Journeyman plus Hair certificate