Making Films & Videos/Charlie Chaplin - Greatest Comedian ?

Charlie Chaplin
Charlie Chaplin  
QUESTION: Dear Alessandro

Do you consider Charlie Chaplin as the greatest comedian of all times ?.

He was so natural and i feel every documentary, movie of Charlie was so beautiful to watch keeping the audiences laughing and laughing !!!.

Are there any other comedians which you can mention has reached to this acting level of Chaplin ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: There are many types of comedy that run the gamut from comedy to politics.

I have not studied Chaplin as much as I should have. Perhaps Charlie Chaplin transcended so many types of comedy, including political satire, that he is indeed the premiere comedian of all time.

Or, is it the amount of people that ultimately enjoy a comedian's work and enjoy it every time they hear the same piece? If that is the criteria, then there are some present day comedians such as George Carlin that would have to be considered in the top echelon.

Then there are the comedians whose television shows were so "great" they live in rerun perpetuity, shows such as Seinfeld and Everybody Loves Raymond would have to be considered.

My wish for comedy were that it was able to actually improve society's motives and politics. Perhaps one of the greatest comedic bits was "A Modest Proposal" by Jonathan Swift, which apparently shamed the government in power into being a better provider for its people.

Then there are fictional characters such as Robin Hood. Robbing from the rich to give to the poor, and making the government in power look silly in the process, was a form of comedy that might have proved inspirational to the people. Or, did Robin Hood's story fall into what is probably comedy's greatest weakness, the ability to elicit laughter over serious issues until one feels "medicated" by their own laughter, and learns to accept their condition rather than fight it.

QUESTION: Dear Alessandro

Thank you.

Charlies's meet with Einstein

Meeting of Two legends from two different fields ......

Einstein (Science) - Charlie (Arts (Theater, Movies))

Great isn't it ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

I read some of the first article, but the font is so small!  I found the forming of a cricket team of various artists / intellects fascinating and the women commenting on Einstein's hair amusing.

I found an accompanying article link on that page about Einstein, intriguing.

However, I feel the article content was hijacked by an inaccurate title and opinionated conclusion.

Making Films & Videos

Alessandro Machi

Hi, You can learn all about me at Learn about AlexLOGIC. Then you can bookmark me at AlexLOGIC

25 years of Film & Video Production & Editing Experience including low budget film and video production & quality control. I enjoy filming in Super-8 and also with broadcast quality video cameras.

Founded Action! Film and Video Production Club while in College.

Publications,,,,,,, http://www.robotsagainstchase, http://www.daily-protest,,,,

Four Year College Program majoring in RTVB studies emphasis on film, was one or two classes short of graduation.

Regional Emmy Winner, 8 Time Vision Award Winner, Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Internship Winner, numerous Film Festival Winner for several different Super-8 Films,

Sony Pictures, Prudential Jon Douglas, In Defense of Animals, Humane Society of the United States, Ivy Gullickson, check out to learn more.