Making Films & Videos/Charlie Chaplin Or Laurel & Hardy.

Dear Alessandro

Which among the two will be your favourite nomination for number one comedy movies?.

Charlie Chaplin and Laurel & Hardy would be two different kind of comedy types. Charlie Chaplin is known for the silent era, and Laurel and Hardy for the "talkies" era.  I feel both were dark comedic talents in that they either exposed sad situations and tried to either make the best of a bad situation or expose the bad situation (Charlie Chaplin), or they perpetually foiled their own path to success (Laurel and Hardy). For those reasons i actually don't find either to be truly funny.

Comedy for me is when we have a growing empathy for a character who just seems to get sucked back down by the environment around them yet continues to keep trying, Sort of like a Don Quijote type, but unlike Mr. Quijote, improves over time improves his own performance even if other forces continue to keep him down.

I also like comedy where the bad guy gets it moreso then when the good guy gets it, since Charlie Chaplin and Laurel Hardy were considered the good guys, seeing them comedically struggle would have less of a pay off for me if the "bad guy or guys" did not encounter a fate that usually was reserved for Charlie Chaplin and Laurel and  Hardy.  

However, I have to admit to not having seen a majority of either performer's work so my opinion is possibly contradicted by someone who is an actual expert of either comedic legends.

Making Films & Videos

Alessandro Machi

Hi, You can learn all about me at Learn about AlexLOGIC. Then you can bookmark me at AlexLOGIC

25 years of Film & Video Production & Editing Experience including low budget film and video production & quality control. I enjoy filming in Super-8 and also with broadcast quality video cameras.

Founded Action! Film and Video Production Club while in College.

Publications,,,,,,, http://www.robotsagainstchase, http://www.daily-protest,,,,

Four Year College Program majoring in RTVB studies emphasis on film, was one or two classes short of graduation.

Regional Emmy Winner, 8 Time Vision Award Winner, Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Internship Winner, numerous Film Festival Winner for several different Super-8 Films,

Sony Pictures, Prudential Jon Douglas, In Defense of Animals, Humane Society of the United States, Ivy Gullickson, check out to learn more.