Male Masturbation/better masturbation

I know about the refractory period, but wonder what is the best way to carry on wanking until I cum a second time.  I know some men can, and I'd like to be able to.  Is it just a matter of perseverance?

If you really want to be multi-orgasmic, I would suggest following the program in the book Any Man Can by Hartmann & Fithian.  If you're not multi-orgasmic, I would urge you to avoid masturbating after an orgasm until your refractory period ends and you're able to become erect again.  Masturbating during the refractory period won't be any fun and might lead to problems.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.