Male Masturbation/Does masturbation affect intelligence?

Does masturbation (or any sex for this matter) make one to be dumber (or smarter)? I simply do not want to lose my smarts as a human to sex. I can ramble about my personal life, but I don't feel that it helps you to provide a general answer unless you need further specifications. Are there reasons to refrain from masturbation for my purposes?

If anything, I would think it would make you smarter.  It's definitely true that smart people masturbate more often.  More highly educated people masturbate more often.  Masturbating is usually accompanied by sexual fantasy, and sexual fantasy is good for the brain.  It's a kind of thinking.  Thinking is good for making you smarter.  

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions of the world.