Male Masturbation/masturbating and bodybuilding

Question
QUESTION: sir...'am a guy of 21yrs who has atmost desire of bodybuilding...so i wrkout in gym for 1 hr regularly....there is a notion that masterbution hampers bodybuilding.,so how far is that correct? And i masterbate twice a week is it okk or should i minimize it??

ANSWER: Masturbating is not incompatible with bodybuilding.  In fact, it's good for the body and sexual health.  It lowers blood pressure, promotes restful sleep, and causes the release of mood-altering chemicals.  Most guys your age masturbate daily, not twice a week.  It would probably be better if you masturbated more often.  A survey of males conducted by the web site HealthyStrokes.com found that most men believe masturbating and bodybuilding go together.

QUESTION: does masturbation decreases energy level?? Will it decrease the stamina which  may have effect during weight training??

Answer
I don't think it does.  Masturbating burns a lot fewer calories than just about anything athletic that you can think of.  The energy burned by masturbating can easily be replenished just by eating a mouthful of something.  I also find it hard to believe that masturbating makes a difference in weight training.  Running a single lap burns many more calories and taps your energy reserves much more than a little handwork.

Male Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.